Skip to main content
Workers' Compensation Lawyers in Los Angeles
Free Consultation (888) 572-7551

Frequently Asked Questions

Work Injury FAQs

Some common questions about work injury lawsuit cases frequently asked by our clients:
Should I File a Worker’s Compensation Claim?

If you were hurt in the course of performing your job, you should certainly file a worker’s compensation claim. It is necessary to file a claim for your work injury in order to receive worker’s compensation benefits in a timely manner.

A qualified legal professional, such as the lawyers at Union Injury Law Group, can help make sure that you follow the appropriate protocols necessary to receive the maximum compensation for your injury.

Do I Need a Worker’s Compensation Lawyer?

If you’ve been injured on the job, the first step should be to report the incident to your employer. After that, many injured workers assume their employer will handle the rest.
This is a mistake.

You should not assume that your employer will report the incident to their insurance carrier or that the insurance company will move quickly to provide you with the worker’s compensation benefits that you deserve.

Engaging the services of a law firm with experience assisting clients with worker’s compensation claims ensures that your interests are put ahead of those of your employer and their insurance company. Call Union Injury Law Group today for a free case evaluation.

Should I Hire a Lawyer to Handle My Worker’s Compensation Claim?

Workers who sustain injuries on the job often try to handle their claims directly with an insurance agency, following the advice of their employer or human resources manager. While it may not seem essential at first, securing the services of an attorney is the only way to guarantee that YOUR interests are the priority.

At Union Injury Law Group, we specialize in handling worker’s compensation cases, and can help ensure you receive the maximum recovery package for your claim.

My Employer’s Insurance Company Provided a Release Form, Should I Sign it?

Once you report the workplace injury to your employer, they should file a claim on your behalf with the insurance company. In turn, the insurance company may inist that you sign a release form:

Before you sign any documents relating to your incident, you should engage the services of a qualified legal professional. The attorneys at Union Injury Law Group can help guide you through the process and ensure your privacy and best interests are prioritized throughout your recovery.

What Information Should I Provide to the Insurance Company?

Beyond the initial description of the accident, you should not tell the insurance company anything. You are NOT required to give them a recorded statement, in fact, providing a recorded statement could be used to weaken your case.

A recorded statement is NOT required in order to receive benefits, despite what your employer’s insurance company might tell you. Remember, it is in the insurance company’s interest to provide as little benefits as possible.

So if the insurace company asks you to provide additional information beyond the initial description of the accident, what should you tell them?

Tell them to talk to your lawyer. Contact Union Injury Law Group to secure an attorney who will represent YOUR best interests.

Will Worker’s Compensation Cover My Medical Bills?

As long as you follow the proper protocol in filing your claim, your medical bills should be paid by your employer’s worker’s compensation insurance company.

If your doctor prescribes medical care, and the insurance denies payment, a lawyer should be consulted to assist you with enforcing your claim. An experience lawyer will be able to help you receive the full benefits of your case, which may include covering additional out-of-pocket costs, such as transportation to and from medical clinics, ongoing treatment, and rehabilitation.

Contact Union Injury Law Group if you feel your benefits have not been adequately delivered.

Will I be Paid for Missed Work Following a Workplace Injury?

Depending on the scope of your work injury, and the job you perform, your doctor may order you to stop working until you have sufficiently healed from your injury. If a work injury causes you to miss work, your employer’s worker’s compensation insurance is required to provide lost wages based on the amount of money you were earning prior to the injury.

Got Worker’s Compensation Questions?
Call Us for Answers Anytime.

Case Managers Available 24/7

Get a Free Consultation on Your Case Today

We Work Hard to MAX Your Worker’s Compensation Claim

Call Now
(888) 572-7551

Union Injury - Home

First Name

Don’t Fight Your Case Alone